After the long cold nights, Spring is very near for most of the parts of the U.S. This last February, some parts of the country have experienced a sort of warm weather which felt like spring. This what resulted in trees and plants pollinating earlier than expected which triggered allergy symptoms for the more than forty million Americans allergy sufferers. GermGuardian air purifiers are made for that kind of people in order to help them reduce indoor air triggers of allergy.
What causes allergy symptoms, according to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI), is the allergens and non-allergic triggers which is found in many homes today. The GermGuardian air purifiers are equipped with technologies offering multiple stages of air filtration so that they improve the indoor air quality and create a cleaner home environment. One of these technologies with which these air cleaning systems are equipped is the HEPA Filter which is able of capturing 99.97% of allergens and dust as small as .3 microns in size according to Guardian Technologies. In addition to a UV-C Light Technology, these devices are also equipped with a charcoal filter responsible of reducing bad odors like those coming from smoke and cooking.
GermGuardian® AC5350WCA Elite 4-in-1
This model is one of the latest from Guardian Technologies and which is a 4-in-1 air purifier featuring a digital display panel with an eight-hour timer, a UV-C control and a filter change indicator which tells when the filter has to be replaced. Like most of the air cleaning systems from Guardian Technologies, this one is has also a HEPA filter which can capture more than 99% of dust and allergens according to the company. This device has features allowing the owner to better control and prevent the growth of mold, germs and bacteria found in the house or office. This device is also capable of reducing odors via a charcoal filter.
This air purifier has different fan speeds which can accelerate the process of allergen control. For quiet operations, the lower speed is the most recommended in situations like night sleep. This model is CADR rated 125+ and measures 28 inches in height, but it’s a lightweight device and can easily be transported to different parts of the house. It’s ideal to purify the air of medium to large rooms. The price of this GermGuardian® AC5350WCA Elite today is $179.99.
Other than air purifiers, Guardian Technologies offers other devices like humidifiers and diffusers under the name of PureGuardian.
Mold is a common problem in many houses today in the United States. Even though mold is an essential component found in nature and which has a very important function, it should be taken seriously in consideration when found in your home.
In order to permit mold to grow in any space, some conditions have to be there. The ideal environment in which mold grows is where warm moist air coming from outdoor condenses when it enters in contact with dry, cool, air conditioned air in your indoor space. Mold doesn’t look cool at all, but it’s believed that it’s not critical to your health unless individuals living there have a specific allergy to it. Summertime is the season where you can notice the presence of mold in areas of your home because of hot weather.
One thing is sure, you can´t get rid of mold completely, what you can do is to control it by reducing it with some maintenance in some areas of your home as well as keeping your air conditioners temperature difference between outside and inside your home not very large. Cleaning frequently condensation is also a habit that you should adopt.
To get to know mold better, here are some things that every family should be aware of about mold and how to deal with it:
- Practically speaking, there is not a method to get rid of all mold spores inside homes. All that can be done is to control and reduce mold growth.
- Controlling moisture means automatically controlling mold.
- If you encounter mold problems in your work center, dormitory or household, the source of mold or moisture should be eliminated first and then the affected area should be cleaned frequently.
If you have water leaking under your kitchen sink, or in your bathroom or anywhere else, you should repair them immediately as it’s a source of moisture.
- According to specialists, indoor humidity level should stay between 30 to 60 percent. You can do that by using dryers, venting bathrooms, air conditioners and dehumidifiers. One of these units popular today is Frigidaire Dehumidifier. Using exhaust fans while cooking is also a great solution to reduce humidity level. Also, try to dry your cleaned damp clothes withing the following two days maximum.
- Check if your bathroom floors or other hard surfaces if they carry mold and then clean them using water and bleach. Drying the washed space afterward is necessary. In the case of carpets where mold have grown, it may be a good idea to throw it away in case it can’t be cleaned.
- You can add insulation to windows and exterior walls in order to reduce the risk of condensation.
- Mold has the ability to grow on almost any substance such as food, wood, paper and carpet.
- Symptoms which indicates allergy to a certain type of mold include exacerbation of another respiratory condition or simply asthma. In this case, you should see a doctor.